I’ve put together some tips on what you can do during lockdown 2.0 to bounce back.
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. Certainty is the enemy of growth. Certainty in business blinds you, it set’s fixed limits and creates automatic habits that become predictable and opens your competition to surpass you.
What this really means is that if you fail to take a good look into your business processes, customer experiences, products/services, the competition, overall marketing strategy and other factors, there is a good chance your competition will be out playing you.
It’s important as business owners we all do our part to stay safe and support each other. Small and Medium Enterprise (SMEs) are the backbone of our economy, with the current social and economic uncertainty, it’s our duty as an agency to offer our support in some way possible to our clients and future clients. Please know that even though we are working remotely, our team is here to help you adapt and become agile to the current market.
The COVID-19 lockdown 2.0 has certainly disrupted New South Wales, Victoria and other states, it’s become the daily conversation again and we can all comfortably agree we were not prepared for this again! But how we act now will determine what will become of this. I’ve put together below a few tips for our clients and anyone who owns a business how to get through LOCKDOWN 2.0.
01. Systemise your business and processes.
This is a good time if you are working remotely or not working at all (ie. construction, tourism, hospitality) to begin building systems and processes that will help you run a lean, efficient business. This not only saves you time in the future but will save you money and allow your business to operate efficiently while enhancing the customer experience.
- – Implement a CRM (Client Relationship Manager)
- – Implement project management tools for better communication such as Teamwork, Asana or Trello for staff & client collaboration
- – Install Tidio live chat on your website to speak with customers.
- – Implement processes on how to deliver your services or products to your consumers faster. This will enhance the client experience and make it easier for your team to deliver the service or product.
02. Haven’t gone social yet? Plan a content strategy for the next 6 months.
With lockdown’s in place, more and more people will be consuming more content than ever before!
Communicate with your audience about what your business is doing to adapt, with a shift in consumer behavior’s it’s important you guide your customers and potential customers on how they can access your products or services during this period.
– Plan what type of photos or video content you want to put out there for your audience, it could be learning how to do Instagram Reels for your business, which will help you drive FREE traffic for your business.
– Plan what type of ADS or offers you want to run either during or post lockdown, remember the more people at home, the more content they are consuming online. Get in front of them.
– It might be a good time to organise some professional brand photography & videography so once the lockdown lifts, your business and agency can execute the content.
– Is your business on TIKTOK yet? If not make a free account and start planning some content to get in front of your audience, first make sure that TIKTOK will be the right fit for your social strategy.
03. Upgrade your website. It’s the perfect time to scope out your new website.
It could be the perfect time to reflect on your website, who your audience really is? Is your website user friendly, is it fast, does it look good compared to your competition?
These are the questions you want to ask yourself, if your not to sure, you can reach out to our team and see how we can help. Building a website takes time, you want to get it right and ensure it’s built for conversions, we believe in building websites that tell an authentic story about the business and can help drive more leads.
04. Have you considered going digital? Maybe now is the right time for your business.
If it becomes a matter of survival, and costs need to be cut in order to survive during this period, then business owners need to do what they can to survive!
If paid ads (ie. Google Ads) isn’t working right now for you, it may be beneficial to reduce ad spend, and save some money during this period. Depending on the industry you operate in, you may face lower conversion rates in this current situation. I believe it would be an ideal time to plan for the long term and invest in an SEO campaign that will allow your business to maintain Google’s first page position now or possibly get you prepared to get to the first page when the market returns to normal, which we know in time it will.
Those who innovate and take action now will be the businesses and brands of tomorrow!
With more eyes on social media, it may be the right idea to push your brand across Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Linkedin and other platforms. Building brand awareness, communicating with your audience and keeping your brand at the forefront of your consumers minds! Once we pass this uncertain time in our lives, a lot of businesses will bounce back stronger then ever, especially if they set up a contingency plan now.
05. Seek Assistance from the 2021 COVID-19 business grant.
Did you know, the government will be offering support to businesses who have been impacted by these unprecedented times. You can use this link to find the support you need, 2021 COVID-19 business grant.
We will be playing our part as much as we can. Our team have set up agile payment plans to support businesses during this period. Our agency will be offering new clients who require digital services such as custom websites, e-commerce implementations, social media strategies, videography and much more the opportunity to help them innovate or take their business digital now and pay it across a 3 month period. This will help ease any upfront costs and allow businesses to build now for the future giving them the chance to bounce back once this is all over.
06. Bouncing back.
Start preparing from now!
Speak with our team if there is anything we can help with to support your business. Stay safe and look out for each other. We are all in this together.